RMRDC provides advisory and consultancy services on raw materials sourcing and development. We also carryout feasibility studies on raw materials and product development, in addition to market survey on raw materials, products such as machinery and equipment sourcing. The council also promotes enterprise development and industrial trouble shooting services.
The Council provides library services to the public. It maintains two types of libraries, the physical library located at the headquarters of the Council and the E-library. The physical library contain a catalogue of over 2,500 publications on various thematic areas related to raw materials research and development. The E-library contains electronic copies of the publications in the physical library in addition to more which are available for reading and purchase.
The Geographic Information System (GIS) Portal is a unique feature of the RMRDC website which shows the geo-locational distribution of both agro and mineral raw materials, quantity, specifications and their user industries. This service also provides an opportunity to access information on raw materials closest to your location using the Global Positioning System (GPS) on your device.
To promote the development and optimal utilisation of Nigeria’s raw materials for sustainable industrial growth.
To be an indispensable catalyst for industrial growth and development in Nigeria.
Testing & Analysis of Raw Materials
Research/Publication on Raw Materials
Sample & Specifications of Raw Materials
Global economic downturn of the 1980’s had affected foreign exchange earnings and industrial output among others
Industries were heavily dependent on imported raw materials, and most still do. Dwindling foreign exchange earnings from petroleum were expanded to import raw materials and product.
In order to address the challenge, IMI, MAN & NISER originated a workshop on industrial matters in July 1983 where recommendations for the establishment of the council was made.
RMRDC was established by Decree (now Act) 39 of 1987 to promote, support & expedite industrial development & Self-reliance through optimal utilization of local raw materials as inputs to industries
The mandates of the Council as listed in the Act are:
- Draw up policy guidelines and action programmes on raw materials acquisition, exploitation and development.
- Review from time to time, raw material resources availability and utilization with a view to advising the Federal Government on the strategic implication of depletion, conservation or stock-pilling of such resources
- Advise on adoption of machinery and processes for raw materials utilization.
- Encourage publicity of research findings and other information relevant to local sourcing of raw materials for industries
- Encourage growth of implant research and development capabilities.
- Advise on and devise awards or systems for industries that achieve any break-through or make innovations and inventions
- Organize workshops, symposia and seminars from time to time designed to enlighten people on new developments and solutions discovered
- Undertake measures to ensure the systematic exploitation, development and utilization of Nigeria's raw materials resources.
- Undertake research and development on local raw materials for utilization by industries.
- Liaise with relevant regulatory agencies for the standardization of raw materials to meet industrial specification.
- Promote Nigeria’s competitiveness in raw materials and products development.
- Establish raw materials analysis and certification laboratories for use by industries.
- Consider and advise on special research grants for specific objectives, and
- Consider and advise on any other issue capable of enhancing the objectives of the Council.
RMRDC, ISDB IN TECHNICAL COOPERATION FOR DEVELOPMENT OF FRUITS AND VEGETABLES VALUE CHAIN IN NIGERIA
As part of efforts to arrest capital flight and conserve the nation’s dwindling foreign reserves through imported fruits juice concentrates,...Read More
RMRDC FOI COMMITTEE UNDERGO 2- DAY CAPACITY BUILDING PROGRAMME ON THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT
RMRDC FOI COMMITTEE UNDERGO 2- DAY CAPACITY BUILDING PROGRAMME ON THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT DATE: OCTOBER 10-11, 2023 @ OBASANJO SPACE CENTRE,...Read More
PRESIDENT MOHAMMADU BUHARI COMMISSIONS RMRDC TECHNOLOGICAL AND INNOVATION COMPLEX
It is the dawn of a new era in the nation’s raw materials processing ecosystem as Fmr. President Muhammadu Buhari commissions the Raw Materials...Read More
RMRDC PARTICIPATES AT NIGERIA BUSINESS AND INVESTMENT ROUNDTABLE IN THE USA
The Raw Materials Research and Development Council (RMRDC) was part of the delegation of the Federal Government to the just concluded US-Africa Leaders’...Read More
HISTORY BECKONS AS RMRDC, OTHERS MOVE TO SAVE NIGERIA N30 TRILLION THROUGH ADDITIVIE MANUFACTURING
Nigeria spent over two trillion naira yearly importing tools and equipment which were being made possible by 3D designs. The stakeholders have argued...Read More
KOREA OPTS TO PARTNER NIGERIA ON TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER FOR RAW MATERIALS DEVELOPMENT FOR EXPORT
Talks are in high gear to fine tune the processes for a bilateral programme on technology transfer between Korea and Nigeria for the development of...Read More