NEWS DETAILS: SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE (SPN) FOR THE EXECUTION OF YEAR 2023 PROJECTS
Following are the details of the news:
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION
RAW MATERIALS RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL
CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS, NO. 17 AGUIYI IRONSI STREET, MAITAMA ABUJA
SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE (SPN) FOR THE EXECUTION OF YEAR 2023 PROJECTS
The Raw Materials Research and Development Council (RMRDC) have provisions in the FY 2023 Statutory Budget for the Procurement of Goods, Works and Services. The Raw Materials Research and Development Council (RMRDC) is a Parastatal under the supervision of the Federal Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation. The Council is charged with the responsibility of promoting Research and Development, as well as investment in local sourcing of Industrial Raw Materials.
Accordingly, competent and interested companies, Consultants, R&D Resource Persons and Researchers with requisite qualification and capacity are hereby invited to submit Technical/Financial Bids and Expression of Interest for any of the under listed SERVICES, GOODS AND WORKS.
The programs of the Council cover Raw Materials for all Industrial sectors including:
- Research and Development Programs and Projects
- Techno Economic Survey
- Development of Resource Materials (Books Technical Reports)
- Raw Materials Information System.
- Specialized Capacity Building Programs.
- Publicity and Documentaries.
- Entrepreneurship (Skill Acquisition in Raw Materials Processing)
- R&D on Development of Sweet Sorghum
- R&D on Development and Utilization of Industrial Chemicals
- R&D on Development and Utilization of Pharmaceutical Raw Materials
- R&D on Non-Metallic Minerals
- R&D on Development of Sweeteners
- R&D on Development of Raw Materials for Personal Protective Equipment [PPE]
2.0 DESCRIPTION OF PROJECTS:
CATEGORY A: SERVICES
Lot 1: National Raw Materials Research & Development Program
Research & Development proposals in developing technologies for Raw Materials processing of above-named sub – industrial sectors listed.
Lot 2: Provision of Cleaning Services
Lot 3: Provision of Horticultural Services
Lot 4: Provision of Security Services
Lot 5: Fumigation Services
Lot 6: Maintenance of Fire Fighting Equipment
Lot 7: Maintenance of Work Station
L0t 8: Maintenance of office Furniture & Fittings
Lot 9: Maintenance of Plants & Generators
CATEGORY B: GOODS
Lot 10: Supply of Office Stationaries & Consumables
Lot 11: Supply Driver’s Uniform & Lab Coat
Lot 12: Supply of Motor Vehicle Spare Parts
Lot 13: Supply of improved varieties of Agro Seeds & Seedlings
Lot 14: Printing of Raw Materials Publications
Lot 15: Supply of Office Furniture
Lot 16: Supply of Fire Fighting Equipment
Lot 17: Supply of Photocopying Machine
Lot 18: Supply of Workstations & Accessories
Lot 19: Supply of Laboratory Materials, Chemicals & Equipment
Lot 20: Supply of Diesel
Lot 21: Supply of Project Monitoring Vehicles
Lot 22: Supply of Library Books & Tools
Lot 23: Supply of HP Laptops, Computer Desktop & Printers
Lot 24: Supply of 3 Tons Motorized Forklifts, 14M Scissors Lift & K4 Katcher Pressure Washer
Lot 25: Supply of Sporting Equipment
Lot 26: Supply & Installation of Solar Security Lights
Lot 27: Supply & Installation of Internet Facilities
Lot 28: Supply & Installation of Window Blinds
Lot 29: Supply of Air conditioners
Lot 30: Supply of Generators
Lot 31: Supply of Electrical Items
CATEGORY C: WORKS
Lot 32: Partition & Renovation of RMRDC Lagos State Office
Lot 33: Renovation/Upgrading of State Offices Raw Materials Resource Centre’s
Lot 34: Construction of Conference Centre & Gem Stone Laboratory
Lot 35: Construction of Drainage at RMRDC Technology and Innovation Centre
Lot 36: Construction of Asphalt Road for Phase III at RMRDC Technology and Innovation Centre
Lot 37: Fabrication and Installation of Burglary
3.0 ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CAC 1.1 or CAC2 and CAC7;
- Evidence of Company’s Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid till 31st December, 2023;
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2023 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above);
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2023 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder’s annual turnover is N50m and above);
- Evidence of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2023;
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31st December, 2023 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit:
- disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Raw Materials Research and Development Council or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all in-formation presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- that no Director has been convicted in any Country for any criminal offence relating to fraud or financial impropriety or criminal misrepresentation or falsification of facts relating to any matter;
- that the Company is not in receivership, the subject of any form of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings or the subject of any form of winding up petition or proceedings;
- That the company does not have existing loan or financial liability with a bank, other financial institution or third party that is classified as doubtful, non-performance, bad or whose repayment portion has been outstanding for the last four (4) months;
- Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years - 2020, 2021 & 2022, duly acknowledged by the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS);
- Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
- Company’s Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications such as COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON etc.;
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Award, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects;
- Works: List of Plants/Equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease Agreement;
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided indicating among others the Lead Partner (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Clearance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Clearance Certificate, IRR valid till 31st December, 2023 & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each JV partner);
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorised officer of the firm.
4.0 COLLECTION OF TENDER
Interested bidders are to collect the Bidding Documents from the Procurement Unit of the Council, from Monday 6th February, 2023 between the working hours of 10:00am and 3:00pm daily upon payment of non-refundable Tender fee of Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000.00) per Lot. Payable to Raw Materials Research and Development Council through remita platform of Federal Government of Nigeria.
5.0 SUBMISSION OF TENDER/BIDS DOCUMENTS
Prospective bidders shall submits completed Financial and Technical bids in 2 separate envelope and clearly marked as; “Technical bid” and “Financial bid” respectively with company name and address indicated at the back of each of the envelope. The two envelope bids should be enclosed in one big sealed envelope and marked as “Technical and Financial Bids“clearly stating the project Title and the Lot Number and addressed to:
The Director General/Chief Executive Officer
Raw Materials Research & Development Council,
17, Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Maitama District,
Bids are to be submitted in the designated Tender Box at the Procurement Unit of RMRDC between the working hours of 8:30am to 4:00pm daily on or before Wednesday 22nd March, 2023.
6.0 BID OPENING
All Submitted bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for the submission of bid by 12:00 noon on Wednesday 22nd March, 2023 in the presence of the companies’ representative at RMRDC Auditorium.
7.0. GENERAL INFORMATION
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorized by the bidder;
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened;
- All cost will be borne by the bidders;
- Please, ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register in the Procurement Unit, as the Institute will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
- All bids will be opened in the presence of bidders or their representatives. with the physical presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organization in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency;
- Arrangement of Technical Documents in hard copies should follow the order in the list above and appropriately paged. The technical document should have a table of content indicating the pages, which these items are to be found. Failure to comply with this directive will result in disqualification of the bidder.
- The Raw Materials Research and Development Council is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procure-ment process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
- For more Information, please contact the Procurement Unit, Raw Materials Research and Development Council, No. 17 Aguiyi Ironsi Street Maitama District, Abuja for further clarifications.
Chairman, Procurement Planning Committee