RMRDC provides advisory and consultancy services on raw materials sourcing and development. We also carryout feasibility studies on raw materials and product development, in addition to market survey on raw materials, products such as machinery and equipment sourcing. The council also promotes enterprise development and industrial trouble shooting services.
The Council provides library services to the public. It maintains two types of libraries, the physical library located at the headquarters of the Council and the E-library. The physical library contain a catalogue of over 2,500 publications on various thematic areas related to raw materials research and development. The E-library contains electronic copies of the publications in the physical library in addition to more which are available for reading and purchase.
The Geographic Information System (GIS) Portal is a unique feature of the RMRDC website which shows the geo-locational distribution of both agro and mineral raw materials, quantity, specifications and their user industries. This service also provides an opportunity to access information on raw materials closest to your location using the Global Positioning System (GPS) on your device.
To promote the development and optimal utilisation of Nigeria’s natural resources for growth..
To be an indispensable catalyst for industrial growth and development in Nigeria.
Testing & Analysis of Raw Materials
Research/Publication on Raw Materials
Sample & Specifications of Raw Materials
Global economic downturn of the 1980’s had affected foreign exchange earnings and industrial output among others
Industries were heavily dependent on imported raw materials, and most still do. Dwindling foreign exchange earnings from petroleum were expanded to import raw materials and product.
In order to address the challenge, IMI, MAN & NISER originated a workshop on industrial matters in July 1983 where recommendations for the establishment of the council was made.
RMRDC was established by Decree (now Act) 39 of 1987 to promote, support & expedite industrial development & Self-reliance through optimal utilization of local raw materials as inputs to industries
The mandates of the Council as listed in the Act are:
- Draw up policy guidelines and action programmes on raw materials acquisition, exploitation and development.
- Review from time to time, raw material resources availability and utilization with a view to advising the Federal Government on the strategic implication of depletion, conservation or stock-pilling of such resources
- Advise on adoption of machinery and processes for raw materials utilization.
- Encourage publicity of research findings and other information relevant to local sourcing of raw materials for industries
- Encourage growth of implant research and development capabilities.
- Advise on and devise awards or systems for industries that achieve any break-through or make innovations and inventions
- Organize workshops, symposia and seminars from time to time designed to enlighten people on new developments and solutions discovered
- Consider and advise on special research grants for specific objectives, and
- Consider and advise on any other issue capable of enhancing the objectives of the Council.
COMPETITION ON PROCESS EQUIPMENT DESIGN FOR CORPS MEMBERS
The Raw Materials research and development council in collaboration with National Youth Service Corps Foundation is hosting a competition for corps...Read More
PROFESSOR H. D. IBRAHIM: DRIVING NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT THROUGH RAW MATERIALS SOURCING
A portrait of a silent achiever The Raw Materials research and Development Council (RMRDC) is today Nigeria’s focal point on local sourcing...Read More
NIGERIAN APEX MANUFACTURING BODY MOVES TO STREGHTEN TIES WITH RMRDC ON LOCAL SOURCING
From every indication, efforts by the Raw Materials Research and Development Council (RMRDC) aimed at improving raw materials availability in the...Read More
PROFESSOR HUSSAINI DOKO IBRAHIM: BLAZING A TRAIL IN LOCAL RAW MATERIALS SOURCING IN NIGERIA
It was in the early 80s and with a population of nearly 180 million, and a GDP of less than $2000, the Nigerian federal government and its organized...Read More
RMRDC INNAUGURATES RESOURCE CENTER TO BOOST INVESTMENT IN NIGER STATE
With over 200 million population, and a land mass of almost 4000 square kilometres, Nigeria operates a resource-based economy that is driven by the...Read More
PROF IBRAHIM- WALKING THE TALK IN RAW MATERIALS SOURCING
Few – if any – public servants have had as great an impact on the nation’s economic recovery and industrialization growth effort...Read More